Autumn is the best time to get out and about in Western Australia; the weather is mild with sunny days and light winds, it is still warm enough to go for a swim and you can have campfires!
With this in mind the team at Nature Play WA have come up with ten of our favourite Autumn activities and locations. We have split them evenly over regional WA and the metropolitan area because the April school holidays have long been a favourite for visiting relatives and friends. Spend Autumn getting outdoors in our beautiful state!
1. Cook on a campfire - check out www.natureplaywa.org.au for hints and recipes
2. Go kayaking and meet a seal - Shoalwater Island Marine Park*
3. Go hiking in the hills - John Forrest National Park
4. Get on your bike - Camel Farm Kalamunda
5. Pack the tent and hit the road - Martin's Tank Campground Yalgorup
6. Take a day trip to Rottnest*
7. Explore a cave - Mammoth Cave, Margaret River (try staying at Contos campground)
8. Snorkel with turtles - Coral Coast Ningaloo*
9. Meet a bilby - Dryandra Village & Barna Mia Animal Sanctuary*
10. Catch a fish and meet a pelican - Kalbarri
*Get discounts and special deals when you become a Friends of Nature Play WA member!