The International Play Day
25 August 2019
The International Play Day event was funded by the Department of Home Affairs Fostering Integration Grants program. The grants support new initiatives by not-for-profit organisations that will help migrants better integrate into Australian life through employment and community participation.
Nature Play WA would also like to thank the City of Gosnells for the opportunity to provide this event to the Gosnells community.
About the Event
The International Play Day offered families the opportunity to get outdoors and explore nature play in a self-guided and fun environment.
A variety of cultural, sporting, art and craft activities and workshops were on offer, including Chinese Paper Cutting, an African drum circle, an Aboriginal inspired art piece and traditional Indonesian culture through craft, sport and dancing.
Activities included mud kitchens, nature arm bands, the City of Gosnells Park Play program, and cultural activities including Chinese paper cutting, traditional Indonesian dance, art and sport, as well as an African drumming circle and a group Aboriginal inspired art piece.
The event showcased Centennial Pioneer Park as a great place to play and experience a sense of community.
- Website event listing had 412 page views
- Facebook event page reached over 12,700 people.
- Event information page on Nature Play WA app, with over 7,400 app users.
- 1,000 people pre-registered to attend The International Play Day. It is estimated that over 1,000 people were in attendance.
Of the people that pre-registered to attend
- people of more than 50 different nationalities attended
- over 55% percent resided outside of the City of Gosnells
Event attendees were asked to complete a post-event survey. Of those that completed the survey, the following feedback was received:
- Over 75 percent rated the event as 'good', 'very good' or 'excellent'
- Over 55 percent have never been to a similar event
- Over 80 percent would recommend The International Play Day to others
- Over 65 percent will return to Gosnells to experience the nature play opportunities available
Comments from Attendees
- "... plenty of things to keep different aged kids engaged, nice location"
- "nice playground, great activities and performances"