Muddy Hands Festival
18 November 2018
Muddy Hands Festival was held at Kent Street Weir Park in Wilson, in partnership with the City of Canning. The event offered families the opportunity to get outdoors and explore nature play in a self-guided and fun environment.
About the Event
Muddy Hands Festival showcased Kent Street Weir Park as a great place to play and experience a sense of community. The event featured a number of local businesses, not for profits and community groups.
Nature Play WA managed a number of activities as part of this event including our much loved mud kitchens, mud pits, cubby building, loose parts play, craft activities, as well as an interactive Scavenger Hunt.
Muddy Hands Festival event information and booking links were published on the Nature Play WA website. The event listing had 373 page views, and the web page had 306 page views.
- The Muddy Hands Festival Facebook event page reached over 45,300 people. Over 5,200 people responded to the event.
- Two Instagram posts were published with a combined reach of over 1,200.
- Event information was published on the Nature Play WA app, with over 5,400 app users.
Over 3,300 people pre-registered to attend the event. Of these, over 75 percent resided outside of the City of Canning.
Event attendees were asked to complete a post-event survey. Of those that completed the survey, the following feedback was received:
- 100 percent rated the event as 'very good' or 'excellent'.
- 100 percent rated the location as 'good', 'very good' or 'excellent'.
- 100 percent would be interested in attending Muddy Hands Festival in future years.
- Over 97 percent plan on visiting Kent Street Weir Park again after their experience at Muddy Hands Festival.
Comments from attendees
- "Lots for the children to do, great variety of experiences. Excellent value. Loved the mud pits - realised our children haven't had an opportunity to do that type of play before!"
- "This was one of the best free events I have visited. Lots of different activities suitable for all ages. Very well organised."
- "Thanks so much for putting on such an engaging, interactive and fun-filled event! We loved it, and will return again!"