Around the Perth metro area there are great bike paths along the Swan River to Fremantle and from Fremantle up and down the coast. It is a great way to get the family out of the house and active.
The Department of Transport has published a number of maps and guides for recreational cycling around the Perth metropolitan area, including Kings Park, Yellagonga Regional Park, Swan Valley, and the Perth Hills:
- Perth and Kings Park Cycling Guide
- Midland / Mundaring Weir Loop
- Kalamunda / Bickley Loop
- Armadale / Roleystone / Dams Loop
- Perth's Eastern Region
- Burswood Park Trails
- Swan River and Swan Valley Rides
- Canning and Swan River: Ride around the river
- Sunset Coast: ride along the Sunset Coast - Northern Route
- Sunset Coast: ride along the Sunset Coast - Southern Route
- Perth: ride to Swan Valley and the Sea
- Swan Valley: cycling in the Swan Valley and Guildford
- Guildford Station to Whiteman Park
- Yellagonga Regional Park
Outside of Perth, there are many great regional locations for cycling enthusiasts, including Mandurah, Margaret River, Albany, Kalgoorlie and Kalbarri. Visit the Department of Transport regional cycle guides for a complete listing.
Kids too young to cycle on their own?
Don't let that stop you. There are lots of ways to get children of all ages involved.