Are you passionate about working with kids and families? Would you love the opportunity to volunteer for a leading organisation in Nature Play? We are looking to recruit a team of Volunteer Nature Play WA Playworkers who will become part of our crucial team at Events.
Nature Play WA is passionate about helping families find opportunities to get their kids outside in nature, taking risks and building resilience.
Every year we run several events including community events for local councils, Play Out Days, Mini Nature Players, Camp Nature Play, Cubby Town plus much more!
What does a Volunteer Nature Play WA Playworker do?
There are many roles of the Nature Playworker, from actively getting involved in facilitating play, supporting children and parents, identifying opportunities for play, logistic assistance for teacher workshops, and assisting with the administration side of events registrations.
What do I get out of Volunteering for Nature Play WA?
- Nature Play WA will provide you with free coaching and mentoring to enable you to volunteer your skills and expertise at our events.
- We will provide you with a certificate of participation for every event you assist with.
- You will gain invaluable knowledge and experiences that may assist you with your studies and if you are helping with our workshops, you get to participate for free (in-between scheduled tasks).
- You will have the opportunity to network with other likeminded people, both volunteers and organisations
- It looks fantastic on a CV if you have volunteered as a Nature Play WA Playworker!
- Enjoy some time outdoors in local reserves, national and local parks and schools.
- If you become a regular volunteer (more than three shifts per year), we will provide you with a free membership to the Friends of Nature Play WA program. Click here for more information on what’s involved in becoming a FoNPWA member!
How often will the events be run or will I be needed?
We aim to have a great knowledge base and pool of Volunteers on hand so that there is plenty of opportunity, but you don't have to be available for every event. You can do as many or few as you like.
What are the requirements?
Working with kids and families can be a very rewarding experience and it takes certain attributes to make it just as rewarding for the children and families. We are encouraging those with the following attributes to apply:
- Passionate about working with children (and families)
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Thoughtful, proactive and professional when required
- Eligible to obtain a valid and current Working With Children Card/Check
- Able to get to and from events
Sound like you? Register now and we'll be in touch with the next steps!