With 25 fun outdoor activities to try, you’ll love our 25 Things to do in Summer resource.
Download Your Copy Here
25 Things to do in Summer
1. Find a quiet river, stream or lake to dangle your feet in the water & daydream.
2. Have an ice sledding race down a steep, grassy hill (ice sleds available from ice suppliers).
3. Play Nature Play Bingo! Download the free resource & get finding.
4. Make your own icypoles with seasonal fruit & yoghurt – freeze & enjoy!
5. Explore geocaches in your area – a digital treasure hunt for the whole family.
6. Create Christmas decorations from natural materials (see our blogs for how-tos).
7. Build a sandcastle (or city!) & decorate with shells, seaweed & natural treasures you find.
8. Camp out overnight – pitch a tent or sleep under the stars.
9. Discover some urban nature. Find small spaces of green in the city.
10. Create a cubby in your yard – a cool space to escape the heat.
11. Take an early morning walk. How many different bird calls can you hear?
12. Get out on the water – hire kayaks or paddleboards, or get the surfboard or boogie board out & hit the surf!
13. Take a family picnic to a spot you’ve never been before.
14. On your watering days, play under the sprinklers while the garden gets a drink.
15. Get muddy! Get the mud kitchen into action or hose down your sandpit for some messy fun!
16. Go mountain biking. Check the Cycling section of our website for info.
17. Teach yourself a new skill. Ride without training wheels, cross the whole monkey bars without stopping or practise your cartwheels.
18. Visit a national park (use Explore Parks WA’s Parks Finder or our Every Kid in a Park app).
19. Explore rock pools at your favourite beach. How many sea creatures can you spot?
20. Try spelunking! Discover one of the many beautiful caves around WA.
21. Go on a family bushwalk Check the Hiking section on our website for trails.
22. Draw a target on the footpath in chalk, fill a bucket with water & use wet sponges for target practise. Can you hit a bullseye?
23. Go fruit picking – discover what fruits are in season.
24. Create a nature “treasure” box & add something to it from each adventure. How many can you collect over the holidays.
25. Visit as many nature play spaces as you can! Download our Play in WA app to find one near you!
Download 25 Things Resource