You don’t need to wait for an outdoor nature playspace to be built before you explore learning and playing with natural materials. In this workshop, educators discover the importance of outdoor loose parts play and its place in both the Early Years Framework and Australian Quality Standards. Using Piaget’s Child Development Schemas, educators will have the opportunity to play with small loose parts and create different ways to extend childrens’ play. Educators will look at ideas to organise space that will both support management of resources and childrens’ physical activity needs.
2 hour presentation and hands-on workshop - $784 (incl GST)
- Loose parts and nature play in the National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework
- State of childhood statistics
- What is loose parts nature play?
- Example of starting small and slow in connecting young children with nature
- Hands-on creating interactions with natural loose parts and Piaget’s schemas
To find out more about our professional learning opportunities for your community, parent group or educators, please email [email protected]