7 December 2019
Nature Play WA worked with Curtin University and the Explore Curtin team to deliver the Curtin Explorer event in December 2019 in the beautiful Creative Quarter at the Bentley campus. The event focused on the importance of play for kids, highlighting some creative and imaginative play focused nature play activities. These activities can be easily replicated by families at home. The event was also a great opportunity for our client to:
- Encourage students and staff of Curtin University to spend more time on campus outside of their regular hours.
- Promote Curtin University as a great place for families to spend time with a variety of festivals and events, shopping opportunities, outdoor spaces and gardens, galleries and sporting complexes.
About the Event
This year's Curtin Explorer featured an abundance of family-friendly nature-based activities including rock decorating, nature mandalas, clay play, nature wands and flower crowns plus a visit from our special friends the Eco Faeries!
Held in the Creative Quarter at Curtin University, we wanted to focus the event and activities on creativity and imaginative play.
It is estimated that over 1,000 children, parents and grandparents attended the event in the Creative Quarter.
Curtin Explorer event information and booking links were published on the Nature Play WA website and the Nature Play WA Facebook page.
- Facebook event page reached more than 4,300 people
- NPWA Facebook page post (separate to the Facebook event) reached over 11,565 people and resulted in direct post engagement of 943 (people reacting to, sharing, commenting or clicking the links provided)
- Paid Facebook advertisement reached 8,788 people with a post engagement of 641 (people reacting to, sharing, commenting or clicking the links provided)
- Nature Play WA website - over 243 page views on the event page, and 91 page views on the event listing page
- Information page on Nature Play WA app - more than 8000 users
All pre-registered attendees were asked to complete a post-event survey. Of those who completed the survey...
- 100 percent rated the event as 'good', 'very good' or 'excellent'.
- 100 percent stated the activities were 'just right'.
- 100 percent would recommend the Curtin Explorer event to others.
- 100 percent stated that the event inspired their family to find ways to enjoy more active unstructured play together.
Comments from attendees
- "... very relaxed atmosphere."
- "Everything was well planned. It was a great day."
- "... we loved stick wand making and fairy face painting."