Not everyone has a big yard. Here are some ideas for keen gardeners who are short on space.
- A windowsill garden can be a great way to start gardening. Kids can grow herbs and edible flowers than can be used in cooking.
- Wine barrels and pots offer an alternative to traditional garden beds for families with courtyards.
- The ABC's Gardening Australia program suggests making pots for plants out of household items. Try your child's old boots or rolled up newspapers.
- Native grasses and wheat grass grow quickly inside. Try filling a stocking with grass seeds or pop them in a pot.
- Why not visit a community garden and become involved. Community gardens like Perth City Farm welcome children into their projects. Find out how to get involved.